We’re experts in window sash replacements, covering the whole of the Home Counties area. We design, manufacture and install beautiful new timber sash windows that are in keeping with your property’s appearance – we make sure your new windows match existing joinery and fit in with period features.
As a leading sash window company in the Home Counties, we make sure we do what’s right for you. Many older sash windows sustain significant damage and wear and tear over time. Having them replaced will not just give your property a makeover, it will also enhance security and make a dramatic difference to insulation. You’ll never have to battle with an unbalanced, stiff, ill-fitting sash again, and you won’t have to look at unsightly damaged timber or chipped glazing – let us take away the stress and start designing your beautiful new timber windows.
We do what’s right for our customers. If this means a sash window repair would be the better option, we’ll advise on this approach instead, finding the most cost-effective service for your needs.
Our team is made up of skilled joiners, carpenters and surveyors – not salespeople. Get in touch to book a complimentary consultation to explore timber window sash replacement. Call 01279 967 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is sash window replacement the right option for you?
While sash windows are designed to last a long time, they also can’t last forever. Many properties have very old sash windows that have been battling against the elements for many years. If this is the case for your home or business, it could be time to have them replaced.
Look out for these signs – they could mean it’s time to replace your sash windows:
- Large amounts of rotten or damaged timber
- Ill-fitting sashes that are misshapen
- Draughts and cold spots in the room
- Broken glazing, or large gaps between the frame and glass
- Sashes that won’t open or close fully
- Damage to the window frame
If you think your windows may need to be replaced, we can advise your further, arranging a consultation so we can see them in person. We’re highly experienced and can talk through all options, as well as sash window replacement costs – we provide full, free, no obligation quotes.
Our sash window replacement service
We make all sash windows in our very own Essex-based workshop, giving us complete control over quality. This also allows you to have more input into the process, selecting the window design, furniture and finish you would like. We can make replicas of your existing sash windows if this is what you’d like.
Here’s what happens if you select our services:
- A surveyor has an initial consultation with you to see your windows and property in person. We then provide a full written quote.
- If you decide to go ahead, we come and measure up before making a start on manufacturing your new windows.
- If you’re looking for an installation service as well, we arrange a convenient time with you. All windows are fitted by expert carpenters and joiners.
Get a free quote
Talk to us about sash window replacement in the Home Counties and get a free, no obligation quote.
We cover all areas of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
The benefits of new sash windows
These are some of the benefits of upgrading your sash windows:
- Improved performance. Windows technology is always improving – older windows simply can’t deliver the same performance as new ones.
- Better security. Old windows that are deteriorating can become a security risk. New windows are more secure, helping to deter and prevent criminal activity.
- Superior insulation. We can install double glazing for better insulation, plus your windows will be the perfect fit, meaning no more draughts.
- Enhanced aesthetics. Our windows are beautifully crafted from high-quality timber. They’ll be a stunning addition to your home or business property.
Sash window glass replacement
If you have your sash windows replaced, we can install double glazing or you can select from our premium glass upgrade options – safety glass and acoustic glass.
Please note, this service is only available if you opt for a full replacement, as we need to ensure the frames can accommodate the glass.
If you live in a conservation area and double glazing isn’t permitted, talk to us. We can advise you on the options available to help improve insulation.
Choosing Home Counties Joinery for replacement sliding sash windows
Here are some of the reasons why you can choose us with confidence:
Beautiful unique windows.
Our sash windows are made for you, and only you, using traditional joinery techniques to achieve the best results.
Excellent customer service.
We’re experts in our craft, advising you all the way. If you have any questions, please just ask. We’ll be here.
Free consultations and quotes.
Book in your free consultation to find out the process and costs for replacing your particular windows.
Our windows are made from timber, a renewable resource. We obtain all timber from sustainable sources.
Your windows will be manufactured to last. As proof, they’ll be covered by a 10-year insurance-backed guarantee.